• To conduct the safe inspection, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, testing and general maintenance of conveyor belts and associated parts.
• Execute on all practical and technical work timely and reliable manner.
• Perform routine maintenance on all belt and splicing equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards.
• Test repaired equipment to determine the extent of effective functioning.
• Provide practical and technical assistance relevant to the trade to the Mechanical Supervisor.
• Conduct thorough shift handover, detailing all relevant information for the incoming crew.
• Report and record all necessary shift information in log books.
• Work with the Mechanical Supervisor to maintain optimal mechanical performance of the Process Plant.
• Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the Process Plant operation.
• Produce daily reports indicating the jobs completed for the day and submit the report to the Mechanical Supervisor.
• Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications and / drawings, and in accordance with local standards.
Required skills & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
• Mechanical Certificate (MET) from a Technical Institution / Degree or HND.
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in conveyor belt and rubber lining.
• Experience in basic measurements and calculations.
• Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Sound computer literacy skills (SAP, MS Word, Outlook and other Windows applications).
• Ability to use the Vulcanizing Machine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit both CV and cover letter to:
Mmankies@yahoo.com stating in the subject of the email, the vacancy applying for.