Job Title: Credit Officer
Reporting to: Manager
Status: Full Time
• To facilitate lending for our clients by assessing creditworthiness
and processing relevant paperwork and making recommendations for
• This include preparing loan applications, evaluating clients’
financial information and calculating risk ratios. Should have a good
understanding of lending procedures and customer service
experience.Ultimately, you will help our clients acquire and repay loans
in a timely manner, while ensuring we comply with the law.
• Develop and manage loan portfolios including loan originations under the supervision of the Manager/Credit Committee/Board
• Assess clients’ financial status
• Evaluate creditworthiness and risks
• Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation
• Review loan requests,analyze risks and make recommendations for
approval or rejection of loan requests by the appropriate approving
• Calculate financial ratios (e.g. credit scores and interest rates)
• Ensure that loan risk management policies and insurance are implemented
• Set up repayment schedules
• Maintain updated records of loan applications
• Monitor progress of existing loans
• Perform collections on loans. Work with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance
• Follow up with clients about loan renewals
• Ensure loan portfolio volume, concentration and quality targets are achieved
• In carrying out his/her duties on behalf of the Credit Union the
Credit Officer shall at all times act in conformance with the Rules of
Credit Union, Policies and Procedures, The Credit Union Legislative
Instrument (LI 2225), Bank of Ghana regulations, and all other relevant
legislation and regulation.
Main performance measures:
• Consistency of implementation of Credit Union policies and procedures
• Timely recording of transactions and filing of loan documentation,
generation and submission of required reports for appropriate
stakeholders including the Board and Management of the Credit Union,
CUA, Bank of Ghana, Department of Cooperatives, etc.
• Accuracy of work and low error count
• Quality of support provided to the management team
• Contribution to financial soundness of the credit union through credit portfolio growth and quality and good control practices
• Timely processing and recovery of loans
• Contribution to team performance through co-operation with colleagues at all levels.
Required skills & Experience
Education, Experience& Skills
• At least HND in Banking and Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field or equivalent professional qualification.
• Proven work experience as a Credit Officer, Loan Officer or similar role for at least 2 years.
• Experience of working in a credit union would be a distinct advantage.
• Team lead and/or supervisory experience
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with computerized banking and
accounting systemsand MS Office are required, including ability to
create and process financial spreadsheets.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as fluency of expression orally and in written reports are essential
• Customer service experienceand ability to deal effectively with
customer complaints, referring to supervisor/manager where necessary, to
ensure resolution is achieved
• Demonstrated flexibility in a constantly changing environment
(procedural and automated), being versatile and able to provide coverage
on several posts on any given day as determined by planned vacations,
unplanned absences, and coverage for high-volumes work-days.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the product line, branch
services, and processes to ensure required transactions are duly
processed as per the credit union’s policies and procedures, service
standards, and workflows are met
How to Apply
Applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, should be sent by email, quoting the job title in the “subject” line, to