REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
POSITION STORE MANAGER
• The Store Manager has the main responsibility to receive, store and issue supplies and equipment for the day to day operations. Work closely with procurement department, ensure cleanliness of all work areas, keeping storage and receiving areas clean and tidy at all times.
• He/she also verifies that all supplies and goods received are listed on requisitions/orders and the delivery challans, invoices are checked and filed in the appropriate folder. Maintains par stock, inventory and stock records every month and compiles records of expenditures/consumptions etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the Hotel to the correct point of contact/storage area.
• Able to follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store's area of operation.
• Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
• Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
• Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
• Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
• Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene.
• Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
• Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
• Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
• Ensure all store requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) and approved by General Manager depending upon the company's operations procedure.
• Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
• Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into
the Inventory/Materials Management System.
• Post all invoices using the MMS - Material Management System.
• Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
• Conduct physical stock audits on a regular basis as advised by the Accounts Manager and
the physical count to be tallied with the inventory count from the MMS - Material Management System.
• Any differences between the manual count and MMS software have to be investigated and
the information to be given to the Finance Department.
• Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk / payable assistant in finding out any cost discrepancies.
• Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
• Extend all requisitions on a daily basis and update the inventory management software/system.
• Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
• Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
• Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and items.
• Notify your manager of any low stock levels.
• Identify and report any slow-moving items to avoid over purchasing.
• Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
• Positive attitude and good communication skills.
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
• Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
• Have a good eye for detail.
• Familiar with Materials Management system (MMS).
• Familiar with Inventory Management Software.
• Must have basic computer skills for the day to day operation.
Required skills & Experience
• Relevant diploma or degree in Management/Finance/Purchasing and Supply or related business discipline.
• Able to work with MS Office suite.
• Previous store management experience with stock control responsibility.
• Experience of at least five years in a similar position in the full service hotel or hospitality industry.
Location: Eastern Region
How to Apply
Prospective candidates are requested to submit (in soft copy ONLY) an application letter together with the following:
a. A detailed Curriculum Vitae together with relevant supporting documents, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants should use the job title as the subject line.