• The Business Development Manager will support the International expansion business. This will involve building a pipeline of strategic partners for international expansion, managing the sales lifecycle, sourcing relevant reports and analysing press releases on market developments and regulatory changes.
• He/she will have interim accountability and responsibility for other members of implementation team as the international expansion business scales and will run the business development process, build relationships with strategic partners and act as the initial face of VF Cash to negotiate commercial terms.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop international expansion pipeline
• Conduct market research to understand market trends in selected countries and identify potential strategic partners for international expansion
• Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Support Senior Management Team in developing MPESA Africa brand positioning
• Craft business development messaging and develop pitch materials
• Help develop the B2B branding
• Lead sales process and manage product roadmap
Collaborate with cross functional teams to manage partnership development process
• Work closed with leaders across technology and legal to execute international expansion strategy
• Refine international expansion strategy (fine-tune initial definition)
• Support in developing client service model
• Manage discovery and due diligence process for target organisation
• Assist with drafting business plans, presentations, reference material and other documents required
• Strategic stakeholders include regulatory bodies, MNO’s (Mobile Network Operators) and mobile money license holders in target countries.
Key commercial client contact for new market post launch
• Interim accountability and responsibility for other members of implementation team as international expansion business scales
• Be part of the entire lifecycle of the new business
• Primary responsibility to define product roadmap, define pricing and GTM strategy
• Develop key in-country commercial partnerships
• CVM oversight and idea generation
Required skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree in a related field preferred
• More than 5 years of professional experience in business development or corporate development in Mobile money within the Telecommunications Sector.
• Must have Corporate sales-New markets Entry experience
• Must have led cross-functional teams as well as building and managing cross functional teams
• Must have strong interest in mobile money, Fintech and financial services
• Must have full competence of understanding financial services/ mobile regulatory environment across Africa and future direction of regulation
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff and clients
• Fluency in a foreign Language (French and Portuguese preferred)
How to Apply
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online