Job Vacancy for Chief Financial OfficerPosted on: 12-Sep-2017 - Permanent/Full Time - Accra
Springfield Exploration and Production Limited (SEP) is one of the newest entrants into Ghana's rapidly growing oil and gas industry. SEP is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer who will be accountable for the financial and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The CFO will also be responsible for managing all aspects of financial risk and compliance and enhancing SEP's effectiveness through on-going refinement of its business processes. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
• Assist the COO in formulating the company's, strategic business plans and developing financial and tax strategies.
• Generate annual budgets for corporate and joint venture operations together with mediums term plans and assist the COO in managing the budgeting process.
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the Senior Management Team.
• Oversee the company's transaction processing systems and Implement operational best practices
• Work with SEP's General Manager and Human Resources Manager to oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
• Assist the COO in monitoring and directing the implementation of strategic business plans and financial and tax strategies.
• Maintain the financial records of Springfield E&P operations, and joint ventures (where Springfield is designated operator) together with non-operated interests to ensure that fiscal, accounting and industry best practices are met.
• Ensure that all reporting, audit and filing requirement deadlines to internal and external stakeholders are met.
• Review monthly management information and provide sound financial management to members of the management team.
• Ensure that record keeping meets all the financial requirements of auditors and regulatory agencies and other stakeholders.
• Report financial risk issues to the board.
Funding / Cost Control
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts,
• Manage foreign exchange risks
• Work with the management team regarding debt and equity financing and capital raise process
• Manage the treasury function for the company and joint venture interests.
• Implement operational best practices· and maintain a complete Well Cost accounting procedure for the company's well engineering operations in Ghana.
• Prepare daily and cumulative Well Cost estimates for the Well Engineering Team. Ensure estimates are updated for actuals.
Risk Management / Financial Compliance
• Prepare and implement financial policies and procedures for use within the above company and joint ventures.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
• Work closely with the Legal Manager to monitor all open legal issues involving the company and legal issues affecting the industry
• Oversee the negotiation of financial terms of contracts and manage their implementation
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
• Ensure contract compliance of all invoices.
• Ensure that the company's financial record keeping complies with its policy and that Well Cost files are of a sufficient standard to pass a cost recovery audit.
Third Parties / Finance Staff
• Ensure all accounting staff have a personal development plan and are formally appraised annually, or more frequently by agreement.
• Ensure all accounting staff are provided with the necessary training and development to keep their knowledge current and relevant, and to retain their motivation and enthusiasm for their roles
• Liaise with local and national government departments and other organizations [GNPC, PC etc.] on financial and tax related matters.
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Support and promote the HSEQ initiatives and programmes within the company.
Required skills & Experience
• MBA Finance from a reputable university. A Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification is mandatory.
• An engineering background will be an added advantage
• The ability to lead, motivate and provide expert accounting advice to the entire SEP team
• Detailed knowledge of the international Oil & Gas industry
• A minimum of 10 years' experience in an E&P company in the Oil and Gas industry, at least 5 of which must have been in an executive financial role
• Commercial experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus
• Sound grasp of Project Finance and fundamentals of upstream project economics
• Demonstrable evidence of influencing, managing or controlling projects using an assurance/control framework and managing relationships and stakeholders in a complex and changing business environment
• Proven Mentoring /Coaching & Training Skills
• Proven appropriate management skills, Joint Venture management and senior stakeholder management experiences.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send their CVs to: